In this section, some application examples of our software are on display
24-year-old male, mountain biker, competitive sports:
- 24 years of age, male, healthy
- Weighting 173,0 pounds, 5.6 ft tall
- Competive sports since about 10 years, Mountain Bike, preferably long distances
- Weekly mileage about 220 miles (road and MTB)
- Average heart rate for extensive base training ('GA1') was about 120 bpm
- Average heart rate for training at the anaerobic threshold ('EB') was about 140 bpm
- Already 6 exercise tests since 2006
- No exercise test bewtween 2009 and 2011
Issues for exercise testing
- Control and guidance of metabolic strain in endurance training
- How's specific performance developing?
- Anthropometry and body mass
Exercise testing protocol
- Multi stage test on the cycle ergometer (LODE® Excalibur) with lactate and heart rate measurements at the end of each stage
- Step duration: 3 minutes
- Start at 100W, 20W increments
- Maximal power output: 380 Watts for 2:00 minutes
- Relative power output: 3,45 Watts/kg body weight
- Endurance capacity relative to body mass: 56th percentile within all bicycle athletes of the same age group ("Elite")
- Endurance capacity in absolute terms: 82th percentile within all bicycle athletes of the same age group ("Elite")
- Power output at the individual anaerobic threshold (IAT) at 269 Watts with an heart-rate of 147 bpm
- Prediction for a hill race (11.5 km, 770 altitude meters): 36:54 minutes with light equipment
- Recommendation for easy, basic training (green zone): Heart-rate from 105 to 128 bpm
- Recommendation for pace training (red zone): Heart-rate from 145 to 152 bpm
- For basic training (green zone), the actual training intensity was correctly chosen
- For the longer intervals, exercise intensity can be lifted
- Specific endurance capacity in absolute terms is higher (82th percentile) than relative to body mass (56th percentile). This could be interpreted as a unfavorable anthropometry with regard to body mass.
- Compared to the former test results, aerobic capacity is remarkably stable.
- Heart-rates and heart-rate recommendations versus former exercise testing show significant lower values now.
Experience Ergonizer for yourself.
No maximum exhaustion needed
The highly reliable methods to estimate cardio-pulmonary exercise intensity in Ergonizer don't need maximal exhaustion as for example estimation of VO2max.
Buy online now:
Analysis for a MTB-cyclist